TOP TEN DEADLY HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS
TOP "10" KILLER HOUSEHOLD CHEMICALS
Formaldehyde: Highly toxic, known carcinogen.
Phenol: When phenol touches your skin it can cause it to swell, burn, peel, and break out in hives. Can cause cold sweats, convulsions, circulatory collapse, coma and even death!!
CARPET AND UPHOLSTERY SHAMPOO:
Perchlorethylene: Known carcinogen damages liver, kidney and nervous system damage.
Ammonium Hydroxide: Corrosive, extremely irritable to eyes, skin and respiratory passages.
Dishwasher Detergents: Most products contain chlorine in a dry form that is highly concentrated. # 1 cause of child poisonings, according to poison control centers.
Lye: Caustic, burns skin and eyes, if ingested will damage esophagus and stomach.
Hydrochloric acid: Corrosive, eye and skin irritant, damages kidneys, liver and digestive tract.
Trichloroethane: Eye and skin irritant, nervous system depressant; damages liver and kidneys.
Phenol: (see Air fresheners, Phenol.)
Nitrobenzene: Easily absorbed through the skin,extremely toxic.
MOLD AND MILDEW CLEANERS:
Sodium hypochlorite: Corrosive, irritates or burns skin and eyes, causes fluid in the lungs which can lead to coma or death.
Formaldehyde: Highly toxic, known carcinogen. Irritant to eyes, nose, throat, and skin. May cause nausea, headaches, nosebleeds, dizziness, memory loss and shortness of breath.
Linear alkylate sulfonate: Absorbed through the skin. Known liver damaging agent.
Sodium Tripolyphosphate: Irritates skin and mucous membranes, causes vomiting. Easily absorbed through the skin from clothes.
TOILET BOWL CLEANERS:
Hypochlorite Bleach: Corrosive, irritates or burns eyes, skin and respiratory tract. May cause pulmonary edema, vomiting or coma if ingested. Contact with other chemicals may cause chlorine fumes which may be fatal.
Dimpylate: Better known as Diazinon, extremely toxic. Impairs the central nervous system.
Chlorinate Hydrocarbons: Suspected carcinogen and mutantagen. Accumulates in food and in fatty tissue. Will attack the nervous system.
Organophosphates: Toxic and poisonous. If you can smell it, your lungs are absorbing it.
Carbaryl: Very toxic, causes skin, respiratory and cardiovascular system damage.
Chlordane: Accumulates in the food chain, may damageeyes, lungs, liver, kidney and skin.
Dichlorophene: Skin irritation: May damage liver, kidney, spleen and central nervous system.
Lindane: Inhalation, ingestion, or ABSORPTION through the SKINcauses vomiting, diarrhea, convulsions and circulatory collapse. May cause liver damage, stillbirths, birth defects and cancer.
CAR WASH AND POLISH:
TAR AND BUG REMOVER: Contains XYLENE and
BACK TO THE TITLE PAGE OF PIANO SITE